National Train-the-Trainer Institute
Designed for K-6 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, staff development trainers, and administrators with Guided Math experience
The most effective Guided Math Train-the-Trainer Program Available
Strengthen and Build Guided Math Instruction by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Guided Math train-the-trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation's top Guided Math experts, Barbara Blanke and Deborah Allen Wirth
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Guided Math trainers who can train and support other teachers in the implementation of effective Guided Math practices
- Learn how to use outstanding video training clips to demonstrate Guided Math strategies in action … Receive a complete K-2 or 3-6 video DVD training package with ALL the video clips for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build expertise among your staff to incorporate Guided Math as a vital part of a comprehensive approach to math instruction, including meeting yourstate math standards
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Guided Math training sessions
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a state-of-the-art Guided Math program for grades K-6
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video clips of the strategies in action – show rather than tell your teachers what successful Guided Math looks like in real classrooms
- National Guided Math Experts, Barbara Blanke and Deborah Allen Wirth, will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based Guided Math training to prepare participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Guided Math program that meets yourstate standards
- Work and collaborate in small groups with BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Guided Math strategies specific to grades K-2 or 3-6
- Gain numerous tips, ideas and resources to prepare and deliver high-quality staff training to begin, build on or sustain Guided Math in your school or district. (You’ll leave with copies of all the resources including all video clips needed for training educators at your grade level.)
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to turn staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Guided Math trainers who can train and support other teachers in the effective implementation of Guided Math
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Guided Math program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits the schedule according to each school’s or district’s unique scheduling and training needs. The following components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Making Guided Math a Powerful Teaching Strategy to Significantly Increase Math Achievement
- Proven classroom strategies to implement, organize and manage Guided Math
- Using Guided Math as an opportunity to differentiate math instruction to better meet the needs of all students – from the struggling to the highly capable
Unlock the Power of Small Group Guided Math Instruction
- Use small, flexible groups to focus on the specific instructional needs of your students
- Make the most of your valuable teaching time with small groups
- Valuable techniques to keep students on track with “just-in-time” teaching interventions
Implement Your State Standards in Mathematics
- Use Guided Math to provide problem-solving and reasoning instruction in your Guided Math groups
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency
- Use Guided Math strategies to scaffold and build students’ mastery of your rigorousstate standards in mathematics
Utilize Your Existing Math Curriculum and Materials in a Guided Math Framework
- Examine the best practices for using the structure and process of Guided Math with your school or district math curriculum
- Discover practical strategies to use Guided Math to enhance instructional effectiveness and to differentiate
What to Do with the Rest of the Class While Teaching Guided Math Groups
- How to create and manage timesaving, practical math learning centers that reinforce the skills and concepts your students need to learn
- Classroom-proven techniques for setting up highly motivating math centers that keep students focused during independent learning time
Video Clips of Guided Math in Action to Demonstrate Effective Guided Math Practices
- Best practices for using video training clips to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL the video clips for their grade level to use in their own training sessions)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources (Valued at Over $450!)
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Barbara Blanke is an outstanding math educator, author and national presenter known for her creativity, enthusiasm and practical ideas for implementing Guided Math in grades K-6 classrooms. She has a special passion for meeting the needs of all students in mathematics through Guided Math groups and is featured in the video series, Using Guided Math to Strengthen Students’ Math Learning, Grades K-2 and 3-6. Barbara brings over 22 years of classroom teaching experience to her presentations along with dozens of teacher-friendly ideas for implementing your state standardsand Guided Math learning centers to reinforce and extend students’ skills while teachers work with small Guided Math groups. You will find her presentations engaging, inspirational and filled with research-based strategies you can use immediately in your math program.||Deborah Allen Wirth is an enthusiastic and engaging presenter with dozens of Guided Math classroom-proven strategies and ideas to share with you. Her unique approach to using Guided Math has significantly increased math achievement in all her students – from the struggling to the highly capable. Due to her success, she has been sharing her strategies across the nation along with incorporating state math standardsinto a Guided Math program. She has authored two Scholastic books, Differentiated Math Learning Centers: 35 Independent Centers That Keep Kids Learning While You Teach Small Guided Math Groups and Differentiated Math Learning Centers. Deborah’s presentations are highly practical and filled with creative, innovative Guided Math strategies that can be used or adapted in your own Guided Math program.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit http://www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Hilton - Woburn
2 Forbes Road • Woburn, MA 01801
$179 (single or double) plus tax.
- Book your overnight accommodations by June 26, 2017 to receive this special rate, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (781) 932-0999 and request the BER National Train-the-Trainer Institute: Guided Math group rate.
Enjoy all that Boston has to offer
The meeting site is conveniently located with easy access to downtown Boston and Boston’s best restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, and museums.
The Hilton – Woburn provides a complimentary shuttle to and from Logan Express and Anderson/Woburn Commuter Rail Station providing easy access to all local attractions and to downtown Boston (just four rail stops away).